Fujifilm XF23mmF1.4 R LM WR
New-generation prime lens series offering high resolution
with fast and highly accurate AF
New-generation resolution performance with edge-to-edge sharpness when wide open at F1.4
- The lens consists of 15 lens elements, including two aspherical elements and three ED elements, in 10 groups to effectively minimize chromatic aberration and spherical aberration, delivering edge-to-edge sharpness even when wide open. The focusing group in the middle controls aspherical aberration and chromatic aberration. A two-element lens group including an aspherical lens at the far end reduces fluctuation of aberration caused by the movements of focusing elements, securing superior image quality across all focusing range from close-up to infinity.
- Boasting the maximum aperture of F1.4, the lens allows users to produce high-quality pictures with minimal camera shake and digital noise even in low light conditions such as poorly-lit indoors and nightscape. At F1.4, the lens provides a shallow depth-of-field to render background out-of-focus for creamy bokeh, adding a clear contrast and three-dimensional definitions to sharply-focused the main subject on the focal plane. Comatic aberration is also well-controlled to capture small light sources as round points, avoiding color casts in the background in bokeh. The use of nine aperture blades ensures nearly round shape bokeh effect even around the maximum aperture.
(2) Popular wide-angle focal length and broad shooting range
The XF23mmF1.4 offers a popular and highly-versatile focal length of 23mm (equivalent to 35mm in the 35mm film format) with the minimal working distance of 19cm and the maximum magnification of 0.2x. The close-up capability, a huge improvement over the previous model, enables a dynamic framing characteristic of wide-angle lenses, capturing the main subject in close-up while bringing a greater spread of background into the frame. Users enjoy greater flexibility, as they do not need to worry about the distance from the main subject.
(3) Silent, fast and highly-accurate AF
- The lightweight design of XF23mmF1.4’s focusing lens group means it is driven by a linear motor, resulting in silent, fast and highly-accurate AF. The AF is achieved with the Inner Focus system, which keeps the range of movements for the focusing lens group small while improving the level of precision in controlling the amount of focusing required within the range. The focus is attained in as fast as 04 seconds, ensuring that users do not miss a decisive photo opportunity.*1
- The lens maintains focus highly accurately even in the AF-C mode, and is also optically designed to reduce changes in angle of view, caused by focus breathing, to approximately 0.011%, making it an ideal choice for video recording.
- The mechanism that drives the six-element focusing group together reduces fluctuation of aberration caused by focusing, producing clear and crisp images at all focus positions from close-up to infinity.